Software Database Maintenance & Supports Services
Enaviya uses leading strategies to administer SharePoint software maintenance activities to its clients. The following are the SharePoint software maintenance activities
- Using a browser, connect to the top level sites of all occurrences of SharePoint within your environment, to ensure they are reachable.
- Using Remote Desktop, log in to each server in your farm (SharePoint " SQL) to make certain that they are up and running smoothly.
- If there have been problems reported by users, ensure to check an Event Viewer and ULS Logs.
- Verify whether Backups made during the night have been finished successfully.
- Verify the SharePoint Server Search Service Application logs to verify everything is crawling properly.
- Use ULS log viewer to go through the SharePoint ULS log file to trouble shoot any issue.
- Constantly monitor user profile sync
- Regularly monitor Crawl job and the related database size.
- Use perfmon to collect and monitor performance factors.
- Monitoring the farm and resolving problems using SharePoint Health Analyzer
- Check critical Windows/SQL security patches. Ensure you apply them in the test environment first!
- Check Disk Space on all SharePoint/SQL Server to make certain you aren't running low
- Check the Actual size of every SharePoint Content Database. If it is close to being full, make sure to pre-grow it in order to avoid autogrow and increase performance.
- Archive and clean the Windows Event Log.