SharePoint Online Backup solutions
We, at Enaviya understand the significance of backup and restore of data in the organizations. Therefore, Enaviya has designed a platform to our esteemed clients to use the SharePoint approach of backup and restore. The two different approaches for backup and restore are:
- Content/Config Database Backup using SQL Server
- Backup using SharePoint Server
Approach one is to use SQL Server backup to back content DBs and Configuration DBs with an entire script for deployment of Web application, Site Collection, Service Provisioning. The following were the methods.
- Create Deployment script of entire Farm. This will include below components of SharePoint
- Web Application Creation
- Site Collection Creation
- Service Application Creation and Provisioning
- Association of Service Application with Web Application
- Deployment of Custom Code (WSP)
- Use SQL Server Backup for backing up all Content Database & Configuration Database
- Backup the entire 14 hive
- Backup the entire INETPUB directory.
In case of disaster, the following are recommended to recover/restore content
- Create Web Application and Site collection using the deployment script
- Attach/de-attach Content database for new created Site collection
- Master pages, page layouts and cascading style sheets. All these objects are stored in the content database for a Web application.
- Web Parts, site or list definitions, custom columns, new content types, custom fields, custom actions, coded workflows, or workflow activities and conditions.
- Third-party solutions and their associated binary files and registry keys
- Changes to standard XML files.
- Custom site definitions (Webtemp.xml).
- Changes to the Web.config file.